Thursday, January 19, 2012

Turning Baby #2

Our date for the version was moved up a week and it happened last Thursday on the 12th. And it was successful!! Even though we were at the hospital for many hours waiting for blood work and monitoring the baby, the actual version went very smoothly and quickly. Jonah was very cooperative and turned head down in a matter of minutes! Thank God!



Also, as far as we know, he has stayed head down for the last week. We are hopeful that we will be able to have a natural birth as soon as Jonah decides he's ready. And so the waiting game is on. Each day I wonder if today will be the day, but so far nothing. The days are starting to drag on and a week seems to take a month. Even though we only have one more week until our due date, January 26th, it seems like forever and that I'll always be pregnant, but I know that's not true.

We are, however, prepared for when the time does come. We have our suitcase packed, our list of last minute items, the car seat in the car, and Stutz even made a visual aid to help me see my progress during labor.


They show dilation, effacement, and station. We picked the runner, because in my mind I feel like this will be a lot like the marathon I did in May. It will be long, painful, and require mind over matter. I thought that by having something to look at and see my progress, like mile markers in a race, would be a good way to for me to stay focused. We'll see if it works!

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling of waiting forever, but it will end when Jonah is ready. Try to relax as much as possible and find fun ways to distract yourself. I'm keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete